How to resolve remote support VPN problems.
This issue did i find several weeks ago. That i had to support some clients remote. During this remote support activity i reconized that my local lan connaction was disabled so i couldn’t use my local internet connection to search on the net. After some testings it was maybe the access-lists but for some clients it wasn’t
I solved this problem thru
- Installating a VMware Server 1.06 on my laptop.
- Created a virtual machine ( windows XP Pro Service Pack 3 UK )
- I installed in this machine. Cisco VPN Client ( Latest version )
- I installed SecureCRT version 6.x
- I tested a VPN Profile who had the problem for losing the local network connection.
- Test was okay. I could use on my own laptop all functionallities ( like email / internet / lan searching. ) and in the Virtual Machine i could give remote support to my client.
I hope this helps. For you if you need to support yiour clients or friends